Tuesday, July 21, 2015

My Views on Mainstream Music (Pinterest 30 Day Challenge- Day #6)

Not going to lie, I had to Google what mainstream music was to make sure I was right. It's finals week so have pity on me, okay?

Okay, so mainstream music is like Top 40 music. I'd be lying if I said that I don't fall into the trap of the new catchy single of the week, but they're not all winners.

Justin Bieber? Can't stand him. Carly Rae Jepsen? A few of her songs are all right. Taylor Swift? Lately, I end up hating her songs at first and then falling in love with them within a week.

Therefore, I'd have to say that my views depend on the song or the artist. Lyrics are really important to me, so if a song doesn't have a message that I agree with or if it's too repetitive, it's generally not my favorite.

Honestly, I like all kinds of music from Queen to Beyonce to Carrie Underwood so if it's a good song or a good artist in general, I'm in.

That being said, I'm going on a road trip next week and would love your musical recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment