Monday, October 3, 2016

What I Miss

What I miss are the types of things all people miss: childhood memories, lost loved ones, and places long ago visited. I miss rollerblading around Victory Park with my mom, cooking holiday meals in my great grandmother's amazingly tiny kitchen, and playing outside with the neighborhood kids. I miss the people who were once my best friends, and now only a memory or an occasional email conversation. I miss reading books I love for the very first time, like the Harry Potter series or even Nancy Drew. I miss anxiously awaiting the arrival of my younger siblings, and wondering what they would be like. I miss the experience of falling in love. I miss my childhood days, my high school days, and my college days. I miss thinking I knew everything, and I also miss the first time I realized I didn't. I miss all of the amazing moments that I have had in my life, and every milestone along the way, that I would go back to if given the opportunity to travel through time. I miss all the things those people who are wiser and older than me told me I would.

The question remains though: What can be done by missing someone, something or somewhere? If we're lucky, the answer is that we are inspired to do something about it. If you miss someone, reach out to them. If you miss a place, go there. Fall in love again (if you're married, you can get creative with your spouse and engage in some cutesy courtship...don't feel left out). Remember to live in each moment, because you will probably miss it later. Do it all again and again- there is no expiration date, no maximum or minimum usage, and no restrictions which apply. No, not when it comes to life and all the moments that it consists of.

No comments:

Post a Comment