Monday, October 31, 2016

The End and the Beginning

It is time to move on to making this blog what I really want it to be. Therefore, today I intend to finish the remaining prompts on the 30 Day Challenge that turned into a 30 Prompt Challenge because of...well, life. Life and all its unexpected turns, needed extra work, and both ugly and  beautiful distractions.

-Remaining Prompt #1: Five Words or Phrases That Make Me Laugh:
1. "Dobby did not mean to kill; only maim or seriously injure."- said in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
2. "Bitch can see."- said in Pretty Little Liars
3. "Don't you have enough books?"- said by anyone to me (because it is such a silly question)
4. "Hi. I'm Tate. I'm dead. Wanna hook up?"- said in American Horror Story (BONUS: The words Infantata or Croatoan from the same source when said in certain tones by my hilarious husband.)
5. "Cyanide?...As if we'd run out."- said in The Addams Family

-Remaining Prompt #2: Something I'm Currently Worried About
There is so much to be worried about right now: the current state of the presidential election, whether or not I will get into or do well in police academy, possible apocalyptic futures, bills and more bills...but I suppose what is worrying me most overall is time, or the lack there of it. Will I have time to see all the places and things I want to in this great, big world? Will I have time to have children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren? Will there ever be enough time to read all the amazing works of literature, view all the glorious (and not so glorious) films, or make a positive impact on this planet? Will there ever be enough time in a day, a month, a decade, or evem a lifetime? All I can hope for is that there is enough time for a fair share of everything. Even still, the topic of worry ends up getting us nowhere. Worry less; pray more...because at least the praying is productive.

-Remaining Prompt #3: Things I Like and Dislike About Myself
I like that I am feisty. I don't like that I can be quicktempered. I like that I can get lost in a book. I don't like that I sometimes unfairly compare my reality to expertly crafted fiction. I like that I am smart. I don't like when I sound like a know-it-all. Honestly, I could go on and on. However, I am happy to say that I generally and genuinenly like myself, all oddities and imperfections included. If at the end of the day, I can say I'm doing a little better than I was  yesterday, then great.

-Remaining Prompt #4: A Quote I Try to Live By
Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." I try to live by this quote, because I do believe in the beauty of my dreams. I believe in doing things simply because they make me happy. I believe I have a purpose here on this Earth, and that I know what it is. I dream of having multiple successful ventures: justice and law enforcement, becoming a mother, and even capturing others' precious moments with a camera and a vision. I believe in using my talents, big or small, to help myself and others create a more beautiful future. The future, or at least my future, really does belong to me and that makes it my responsibility to determine. I choose to determine by dreams and faith, rather than by paychecks or societal norms.


-Remaining Prompt #5: Somewhere I'd Like to Visit or Move to
There are so many places I would like to visit or re-visit: Boston, New York, the Bahamas, Greece, Rome, England, Germany...I truly do have a wanderer's heart. Still, there is one special place I would like to visit and that is Ireland. My husband and I are both very fond of our Irish roots, and dreamily discuss retiring to the snake-free and green land. We would love nothing more than a quiet cottage in Ireland with lots of land for lots of dogs.

-Remaining Prompt #6: Five Weird Things I Like
1. I like the taste of dill pickles and animal crackers together.
2. I like when horror and comedy mix genres, like on the show Scream Queens or American Horror Story.
3. I like the smell of old books and gasoline, but never together.
4. I like to study true crime, even the really gruesome stuff.
5. I like to discover new paranormal takes on things like vampires and witches... the more original, the better.

-Remaining Prompt #7: One Thing I'm Excited For
I am excited for the holidays! This will be my first Thanksgiving and Christmas with my side of the family and my husband in YEARS. I am excited for all the traditions, both old and new. I am excited to see what Pittsburgh has to offer this time of year. I am excited to cook for everyone, buy presents, and decorate together. With that expressed, I wish you all a happy Halloween and bid you goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment