Monday, October 19, 2015

Pinterest Writing Challenges: Five Things that Make my Husband Attractive to Me

This week, the prompt was to write about five guys I find attractive. Um...no. While I do find other men attractive because I am a human being and know that it is normal to react to what society deems an attractive male, that attraction doesn't matter to me and therefore I have no reason to write about it. I am a happily married woman, after all, and have no business making my husband feel insecure because I am drooling over 5 random men in a blog post. Instead, this blog post will be about the five things that make my husband the most attractive man in the infinite universe to me. 

5. His Looks and Physical Properties
I honestly think that my husband is one of the cutest people on Earth. He has gorgeous hazel eyes, strong forearms, and has a great body...for cuddling! Plus, who could forget that smile/smirk thing he's got going on!

4. His Adorable "Quirks"
One of the things that I have found in my marriage is that truly loving someone means loving ALL of them, even what other people would determine flaws or quirks. I love that my husband is dopey when he's tired, that he can never replace the toilet paper roll and even that his best cooking dish is Top Ramen. Why? Because all of those things are a part of the beautiful life that we have together. 
3. His Personality
If you have met my husband, then you know he is quite the character. He is artistic, kind, loyal and giving. He is so funny sometimes that we have had one too many milk-out-the-nose or water-spit-take moments. He is nerdy to the extreme. He loves and forgives like I have not seen on any other person. He truly is a wonderful guy. 
2. His Love for God
Today, my husband and I were reading a bit out of a question book for married couples. The question of the day was "Who has influenced you the most spiritually (other than God or Jesus Christ)?" My first thought was instantly of my husband. Without him, I can honestly say I would not be where I am today. I would not have the testimony I have, the service opportunities I have taken, or the education that I am finishing up at BYU-I. He encourages me daily through his example, and also through keeping our family on track with scripture reading, family prayers and church attendance. 
1. How He Treats Me
My husband treats me like a princess, honestly. It is shown in all the little things he does for me, from love notes found on my pillow or on the whiteboard to keeping up on the chores and meal prep when my life gets a little too hectic with work or school. It is shown in how we have weekly date nights, and consider the best time of our day to be curling up for a show or book reading time. Simply being around him makes me feel better (99% of the time. I won't pretend our marriage is perfect, but whose is?). He is truly so thoughtful when it comes to me, and I honestly don't give him enough credit...so hopefully this post helps him to know all of those things I forget to say sometimes. 


1 comment:

  1. This is awesome and very cute =]
    I love that you spun the prompt and took charge of it. And my favorite writing element was that ellipsis, it just set the mood and made my mind stop and do a mental laugh. Beautifully written and I love your love for him, it really strengthens my testimony and my feelings toward my own marriage.

    ReplyDelete